If you have an account with Portia, you may be permitted upload and submit information, data, comments, photos or other materials to the Website (collectively, Data).
You cannot open an account with Portia if you are under the age of 18. If you are under 18 year of age, please do not attempt to register for Portia or send any information to Portia. If Portia learns that information from a person under the age of 18 has been submitted to Portia or uploaded to the Website, Portia will delete the information as soon as possible.
How Portia Collects Personal Information
Personal information you provide
Portia collects your personal information through the Website when you choose to provide such information as discussed below. When you choose to share it, Portia may collect your e-mail address when you sign-up for a Portia account. As well, Portia collects your e-mail address when you contact Portia with any questions, comments, requests or feedback. Portia will collect your credit card information and billing address when you purchase certain of Portia’s services with your credit card or enter into certain agreements with Portia where it is necessary to complete a sales transaction on re-occurring basis.
Personal information obtained from administrators
In order to use the some of the Services, you must: (i) enter into a separate license agreement with Portia as an “customer” (an Administrator) to access and use the software underlying the Services for your commercial purposes and to allow certain third parties to access and use the software through the Services; or (ii) be invited to use the Services by Portia and/or an applicable Administrator and to set up an account with Portia.
Personal information of third parties provided through use of the Services
Portia does not collect personal information about an Administrator’s individual patient(s) or personal health information about such individuals, including: information related to the physical or mental health of the individual, including information that consists of the health history of the individual’s family; the providing of health care to the individual, including the identification of a person as a provider of health care to the individual; the individual’s health number; that identifies an individual’s substitute decision-maker, parent or guardian (which Portia calls “Patient Data”).
Personal information Portia obtains through your use of the Website
Each time you visit the Website, Portia may collect information, including some of your personal information, through your IP address, and by using cookies and web beacons, as described below.
- An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/machine you have used to access the Internet. Portia uses your IP address to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Portia may use IP addresses to conduct Website analyses and performance reviews and to administer the Website.
- A “web beacon” is an electronic image (also referred to as an “action tag,” “single-pixel,” or “clear GIF”) that is commonly used to track the traffic patterns of users from one web page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow and to otherwise analyze the effectiveness of websites. Some web beacons may be unusable if you elect to reject their associated cookies. Some of the Website’s web pages may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about your use of the Website.
How Portia Uses Personal Information
Personal information you provide
- When you contact Portia with questions, comments, requests or feedback, Portia will use your name and e-mail address to communicate with you and respond to you.
- When you purchase certain Services with your credit card, Portia uses your name, credit card information and billing address to process and complete the sales transaction on a re-occurring basis, but will not retain this credit card and billing information longer than is necessary to process or complete the transaction. Portia may also use your personal information to contact you to confirm your purchase and provide you access to the Services purchased.
- If you have created an account, Portia will use your e-mail address to identify you and maintain your account in order to provide you with the Services by using your e-mail address to link to all of Data provided to Portia or an Administrator through your account. Portia retains all of this information (including your personal information) for as long as you have a Portia account.
In some cases, Portia may remove personal identifiers, such as your name, from your personal information and maintain the information in non-personalized, aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information.
Personal information Portia collects automatically (cookies and web beacons)
Personal information Portia collects from administrators
If Portia collects any of your personal information from an Administrator, Portia will use your e-mail address to identify you, maintain your account in order to provide you with the Services, and link to all of Data provided to Portia or an Administrator through your account.
Personal information about third parties provided through use of the Services
If any Patient Data is provided by users of the Services to or through the Services, Portia will not have any access to such Patient Data and will only obtain access to such Patient Data in anonymous, aggregated form with the express consent of the applicable Administrator (who remains at all times responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of such Patient Data). Portia may use this anonymous, aggregated statistical information in order to improve the online experience for users of the Services and studying how you use the Services so that Portia can improve the design, content and function of the Services and the Website.
How Portia Shares Personal Information
Disclosing personal information to other Portia users
Portia will not disclose your name or email address to third parties other than to the applicable Administrator. Portia will only disclose your name or email address to the applicable Administrator in order to allow such Administrator to use the Services and identify what users have registered for the Services through its account, and how such users are using the Services.
Sharing personal information with third parties assisting Portia
Portia may share your personal information with trusted third parties that work with, or on behalf of, Portia to process information, including payment processing companies and information processing companies. These companies do not have any independent right to use, share, disclose or retain your personal information.
Sharing anonymous information with third parties
Disclosing personal information under special circumstances
Portia may disclose information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise Portia’s legal rights or to defend against legal claims, or if Portia believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
How Portia Stores Personal Information
Portia will store and retain your name, e-mail address for as a long as you maintain a Portia account so that Portia can offer you and its other users the services you and they want and expect to receive from Portia.
Portia will only store payment information (including credit card information and the related billing address), if any is collected, for as long as is necessary to process and complete a transaction on a reoccurring basis.
Your Decisions about your Personal Information
Amending and updating your personal information and your consents
By sending Portia an e-mail to email@example.com or by mailing Portia at Portia International Inc. 50 Steacie Dr. Ottawa, Ontario K2K 2A9 Canada or calling Portia at 1-855-297-6431 you can quickly, at no cost, and at any time:
- ¥. review the personal information you provided to Portia;
- ¥. withdraw your consent for Portia’s use and disclosure of your personal information;
- ¥. update or amend your account information, including your name or e-mail address;
- ¥. cancel your Portia account, as described below.
When inquiring about or updating your personal information, Portia may ask you to verify your identity before it can act on your request.
Cancelling your account
You can cancel your Portia account at any time by contacting Portia as shown above or by following Portia’s then current cancellation procedure set out on the Website. If you cancel your Portia account, all of your personal information will be removed from Portia’s databases as quickly as is reasonably possible and will no longer be used or disclosed by Portia. If you cancel your Portia account you will not be able to use any of the Services.
Referrals and Links
Portia understands that storing data, including personal information and Patient Data, in a secure manner is essential.
Personal information, Patient Data and other data is stored using industry standard physical, technical, organization and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as theft, unauthorized use, access, disclosure, copying, destruction or modification. While Portia attempts to create a secure and reliable Website for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from the Website or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
Children’s Privacy Protection
Portia understands the importance of protecting the privacy of children in the interactive online world. The use of the Website and the Services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, anyone eighteen (18) years of age or younger. Users of the Services may collect and maintain, and input, submit and upload to the Services, Patient Data about people under the age of eighteen (18), but only with the express consent of such person’s parent or guardian. No one under the age of eighteen (18) should submit any personal information or Patient Data to Portia or the Website or to or through the Services.
Portia International Inc.
50 Steacie Drive
Ottawa ON K2K 2A9
Attention: Privacy Officer
E-mail: privacyofficer (at) portiapro (dot) com